A spacious historic setting
Building of the Jeu de Paume commenced in 1756 by architect Claude Billard de Bellisard for Louis-Joseph de Bourbon-Condé. It was one of the last jeu de paume courts to be built in France. The prince played in it for the first time on 26 October 1757. He liked to have lunch here with his guests after playing. In the 19th century, the Duke of Aumale turned it into a gallery for the museum.
Built in cut-stone and roofed with slate, the Jeu de Paume features sculpted ornaments and an elegant wrought iron balcony.
In 2012, the Jeu de Paume gallery underwent major renovations and is now a multi-purpose room that can accommodate large exhibitions and other events. It is the ideal venue for your conventions, meetings, lunches, corporate or private dinners...
Temporary exhibitions are regularly housed in the Jeu de Paume, and can be visited privately with a cocktail reception.
The Auberge du Jeu de Paume ***** is located right next to the Jeu de Paume in the Domain of Chantilly.
- 200 people for dinner
- 250 people for cocktail receptions
- 200 people for in theatre-style seating