Merry-go-round horse Daniel C. Muller & Gustav Dentzel
Linden wood, glass, horsehair, metal
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, circa 1909
These two merry-go-round horses are the symbols of the Museum of the Horse. They were carved by Dentzel and Müller in the early 20th century.
Down through the years, their paint has faded, and only a few traces of colour remain on the wood.